FMC Edit: Management of machine data
FMC Edit by neoapps is a great visualization tool for the machine data in woodworking. Moreover it is a powerful tool for planning, as machine data (e.g. from the CAD) can be edited, adapted to specific machines (e.g. dead stop/catch or tolerance situation) and divided between different production facilities.
Visualization of machine programs for wood-processing centers is especially important for the purpose of visual inspection. With FMC Edit we have managed to develop a visualization tool, which supports both the pure trivial visualization of FMC-data (format of the company IMA) and the complex subroutine of CAM Wood.
Furthermore, it is possible to edit the data in terms of their dead stop, catch and their division between different processing centers. All in all a machine independence is achieved, as data can be exported into different formats of other manufacturers.With FMC Edit, it is possible to load and edit FMC programs. In particular the Include-technology is supported. By setting up various production sites, FMC programs can be represented in combination with Include-blocks of these manufacturing facilities.
Properties of FMC Edit:
- MDI (Multiple Document Interface) application. Multiple FMC programs can be loaded into a program window.
- Manufacturing sites are adjustable per FMC program.
- Presentation of the full FMC program as a tree.
- Presentation of the full FMC program as a graphic.
- Symbols, which are selected in the tree, are highlighted in the graphic.
- Optimal zoom functionality.
- Optimal pan functionality.
- Resolution of the graphic on 1 / 10 mm.
- Displaying the work coordinates in the graphic.
- Displaying the cursor coordinates.
- Inserting stages of production (right mouse click).
- Dividing FMC programs between multiple programs for different production sites.
- Export of the FMC program, i.e. Dissolving the Include-blocks to get a “native” FMC program without Includes.
- Printing and print preview of the current view of the graphics (WYSIWYG).
- Editing the include symbols or VARDEF icons (right mouse click).
- drag’n’drop to move symbol sequences within a program.
- mirrors of all shapes and features.
- zero shift (transformation) for machine-dependant processing.
- Definition of zero points in conjunction with considerations of the tolerances.
- Program creation through dialogue-based icons.
With FMC View, it is possible to load and inspect FMC programs. This is a very simplified version of the FMC Edit without any possibility of making changes to FMC-programs.
In particular, the storing of FMC programs and splitting them between different production sites cannot be activated. Also, the production facilities cannot be adjusted, i.e. a generic manufacturing facility “General” is used, which is included with the purchase.
Your advantages at a glance:
- Machine independence
- direct visual control
- Split programs
- Viewing with FMC View
- from Windows 2000
Have we piqued your interest?
You need an individually adjusted, custom-tailored Siemens NX Extension?
If you need a Siemens NX extension that is tailored specifically to your needs, you’ve hit the spot here with neoapps. Contact us – together we can find a solution.
With over [date_year] years of experience in software development for Siemens NX, we provide you with individually adjusted, custom-tailored Siemens NX Extension.
You can find more information in our Siemens NX Programming area.